GDPR Data Processing Policy
Newland Custom Audio recognizes that the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) has established strict protections regarding the handling of EEA personally identifiable information, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). In recognition of the importance of GDPR, Newland Custom Audio has adopted the following GDPR Data Processing Policy (the “Policy”).
This Policy is intended to ensure that you understand the following: (a) the entity that is collecting your personal data; (b) the purposes for which your personal data is collected; (c) how and why your personal data will be used; (d) the period during which your data will be retained; and (e) how you can contact Newland Custom Audio regarding your data.
- To be informed what personal data we store
- To see what personal data we store about you
- To rectify any inaccuracies
- To withdraw consent to our using personal data
- To request personal data be erased
Any data collected through www.newlandcustomaudio.com or www.newlandcustom.com (collectively the “Newland Custom Audio Websites”) or any other website associated with, or related to, the Newland Custom Audio Websites will be collected by Newland Custom Audio which is a sole trader entity located at Newland Custom Audio, 17 Sinclair Rd, London, W14 0NS. All content is managed through Squarespace.
Data Processing Officer
You can contact the Newland Custom Audio Data Processing Officer by emailing email@example.com.
Categories of Data Subjects and Data Collected
Newland Custom Audio only collects data from users who engage with the Newland Custom Audio Websites. Newland Custom Audio is committed to only collecting data that is necessary for Newland Custom Audio to provide the content and services on the Newland Custom Audio Websites.
Depending on which services you choose to use, Newland Custom Audio may require additional information, billing information (including billing address, phone number, credit card information), a mobile telephone number, a physical mailing address, and/or payment information.
You may also provide information to Newland Custom Audio such as the following:
(a) information that you provide by filling in forms;
(b) information provided at the time of registering to use Newland Custom Audio Websites;
(c) information when you enter a promotion sponsored by Newland Custom Audio;
(d) information when you report a problem with Newland Custom Audio Websites;
(e) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Newland Custom Audio;
(f) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
(g) details of transactions you carry out through the Newland Custom Audio Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders;
(h) financial information before placing an order through the Newland Custom Audio Websites; and
(i) your search queries on the Newland Custom Audio Websites.
Basis for Processing
Newland Custom Audio processes data based on (a) consent of the user; and (b) the necessity of the data for providing the services that users are contracting for when they become members of the Newland Custom Audio Websites. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA IN ORDER TO ACCESS AND USE THE NEWLAND CUSTOM AUDIO WEBSITES, PLEASE DO NOT USE, OR ENGAGE WITH, THE NEWLAND CUSTOM AUDIO WEBSITES.
Data centers hosting some Newland Custom Audio website content data, including user data, are located within the United States.. Accordingly, as an EU citizen, in order to access the services and content provided by Newland Custom Audio, your data may be transferred outside of the EU. By using the Newland Custom Audio Websites, you consent to the cross-border transfer of your data in order to receive access to the Newland Custom Audio Websites.
Newland Custom Audio does not provide your data to third party recipients who are not necessary to the services and content provided on the Newland Custom Audio Websites without your permission. Third parties who may receive your data so that Newland Custom Audio can provide the services and content on the Newland Custom Audio Websites include Newland Custom Audio’s third party delivery provider Royal Mail, Stripe credit card processing, PayPal, Squarespace and Zoho Mail.
how data is shared
- Squarespace ecommerce: We use Squarespace integrated ecommerce solutions to maintain our website and collect, manage, process and fulfill orders, the data used is protected through their systems and only the business critical detail is made visible to us.
- PayPal: Payments are processed using this service. The personal data that is stored is your name, email address, tokenised payment information. Our account is password protected and no payment details are visible to Newland Custom Audio.
- Stripe Payments are processed using this service. The personal data that is stored is your name, email address, tokenised payment information. Our account is password protected and no payment details are visible to Newland Custom Audio.
- Royal Mail: We exclusively use Royal Mail Business click and drop for all shipping and our account is password protected. Customer delivery details are ported over from our website directly into this secure portal for processing where a delivery label is printed and affixed to the outgoing package only.
Use of Data
This data is only used in the interest of providing the content, goods and services on the Newland Custom Audio websites. Data is not unnecessarily shared, duplicated or retained in any way shape or form.
Data Retention Period
Newland Custom Audio will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services or fulfill an order. If you no longer want Newland Custom Audio to use your information to provide you services, you may follow the “Withdrawal of Consent/Erasure” provision below. After erasing your details, Newland Custom Audio will solely use your information as necessary to comply with any applicable legal obligations.
Security Policies for Data
Newland Custom Audio has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to Newland Custom Audio is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and other sensitive information will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology and is not visible to or stored by Newland Custom Audio at any time. Newland Custom Audio follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted, both during transmission and once Newland Custom Audio receives it.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Newland Custom Audio has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Newland Custom Audio Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Newland Custom Audio asks you not to share your password with anyone.
How data is stored
- Paper: We do not store any personal identifiable information or sensitive information on paper. Any unnecessary printed information (for example a duplicate delivery label) is destroyed immediatley. Nothing is retained on site or in any record keeping.
- Email: Your email address and emails we have exchanged are stored in our email account. Our email provider is Zoho Mail, all emails are stored securely using encryption and tis password protected.
- Website: We do not store any personal data on our website, there are no user accounts and information is single use only.
- Local Data: We take great care to avoid storing any personal information locally in our records, serial number registration is recorded by order numbers only and order numbers only are used for financial recording.
- PayPal: Payments are processed using this service. The personal data that is stored is your name, email address, tokenised payment information. Our account is password protected.
- Stripe Payments are processed using this service. The personal data that is stored is your name, email address, tokenised payment information. Our account is password protected.
- Royal Mail: We exclusively use Royal Mail Business click and drop for all shipping and our account is password protected.
Withdrawal of Consent/Erasure
If, at any point, you no longer wish to have your personal data processed by Newland Custom Audio, wish to be forgotten, or wish to have your data erased, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “consent withdrawn” or “erase” in the subject line. Your request should include your name, email address and physical address. Newland Custom Audio will move expeditiously to stop the processing of your personal data and to remove your personal data from its systems. Please understand that, without access to your personal data, Newland Custom Audio may not be able to provide certain services. For example, Newland Custom Audio will not be able to send you communications, sales, offers, newsletters. Additionally, it may be impossible for Newland Custom Audio to fulfill purchases or sales without access to personal information.
Right to Correct, Access or Portability of Data and Associated Procedure
You have the right to have any inaccurate data corrected by a data controller. You also have the right to request access to your data or request that Newland Custom Audio make your data portable to another data controller. In order to effect any such request, you should send the request to email@example.com. Your request should include your name, email address and physical address. Newland Custom Audio will endeavour to correct the data or to provide you your data in a simplistic and easily readable format as quickly as possible, but in no more than thirty (30) days.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
14 May 2018